Parents and guardians of twins or younger kids of similar age mostly need baby strollers for their daily activities. The reasons range from convenience for parents to infants who are not of walking age or who are unable to walk for long periods. Getting the perfect stroller for your child can be a strenuous task. It gets even more complicated when it is for two children. Let me try to make the choice of double stroller types easier for you and give you guidelines on how to get proper ones. Let’s get right to it.
Types of double strollers:
- Side-by-side/Twin Stroller: Just as the name suggests, the two seats lie side by side. These days they are more portable and narrower than they used to be. They have the option of attaching, at least, a car seat. In side-by-side strollers, the babies get the same leg and arm space and can see each other.
- Tandem Stroller: These are narrow strollers. It is arranged in such a way that the one seat is in front of the other. This stroller is ideal for parents who usually visit stores and malls. It’s designed to allow for large storage baskets at the bottom compartment. Tandem strollers, however, are not suitable for dirt, downhills, and grass. They are also usually heavy.
- Double Umbrella Stroller: It derives its name from the fact that both handles are curved and fold up easily just like umbrellas. They are the smallest and the lightest strollers available. They have limitations by having little sunshades and storage baskets.
- Double Jogging Strollers: These are perfect for outdoor lovers. They are well-suited for the terrains. The reason is that jogging strollers have large bicycle-like wheels, hand brakes, and safety straps. Some come with roll bars for your child’s security. They are not suitable for malls and are relatively heavy and cumbersome.
- Sit-and-stand stroller: Ideal for parents with a toddler and an infant. It has a bench seat and a platform for standing. They are compact and perfect for trips to malls. They are not ideal, however, for outdoor recreation.
Things to consider before purchasing double strollers:
- Protection: This should be high up on your list because it is the ultimate. Your child’s safety is a priority. Find strollers with proper restraints/straps to avoid your twins falling off. Sun protection is equally important, look out for ones with big-sized canopies. Adjustable seats (in up to four seating positions) also ensure and guarantee your child’s comfort.
- Pricing: How often you intend using the stroller should come in play here. If you don’t plan to use it often, you could just go for one with a modest price otherwise splash the cash and get something durable and comfortable.
- Size and weight: Lightweight and portable strollers are simply the best. You don’t want something cumbersome or heavy. A standard door with is 33” wide, so a double stroller that can easily fit through doors is essential. The folding ease is vital, easy and one-hand folds should be your target so they can fit into your car and tight spaces perfectly.
- Wheels: This depends on the grounds they will be running on. For jogging on terrains, get double strollers with big wheels to cushion the bumpy ride. Also, to be considered for terrain are adjustable and locking wheels. Bearings should be included in the wheels for smooth navigation both on flat grounds and terrains.
- Storage: A good storage system should be incorporated, you would want a hands-free journey. So get a double stroller with big baskets and pockets and cup holders.
These are the factors to consider when you’re shopping for double strollers for two infants.